Arctic Cat Prowler 700
Arctic Cat Prowler XTX 700 EFI
Arctic Cat Prowler 650
A few comparisons to the Yamaha Rhino and Polaris Ranger RZR
The Prowler is the wider and heavier than a Rhino. It has more
suspension travel, and has more ground clearance than the Rhino. Part of the
ground clearance is due to the Prowler's 26" stock tires vs. the Rhino's
25" stock tires.
Rhino vs. RZR vs. Prowler
The Prowler is almost 7" wider, 1.5" longer and 100
lbs. heavier than a Rhino. They both have enough room in the bed where people
are making them into four seaters.
The engines are both four-stroke and have nearly the same
displacement. Neither have electronic fuel injection which is a bit of a disappointment.
The Prowler sits higher so the center of gravity is also moved
up. The wider stance of the Prowler helps counter balance the effect, but the
Prowlers biggest downfall is its tippy feeling on side hills.
The Prowler's seats sit even higher than the Rhino and much high than the
New for 2008
Engine - 695cc, EFI, DOHC 4-stroke, 4-valve, single-cylinder,
liquid cooled engine
- Less Noise: The new engine air-intake
system, muffler and exhaust pipe reduce noise level.
Reduced Sound - Intake, Airbox and
Exhaust system combined result in a 55% noise reduction over 2007 model.
- Standard Features: Standard features
include front and rear 2-inch receiver hitches, molded nonskid flooring,
dual 12V accessory plugs, under-hood storage and a hideaway glove box.
- Gauge: Easy-to-Read digital
Instrumentation featuring mph, km/h, odometer, dual trip, hours, clock, fuel
level and gear position indicators.
- Tilt Steering And More: Tilt wheel
steering provides easy, smooth steering even in 4-wheel drive. The Prowler
also boasts one of the shortest turning radiuses of any 4-wheel-drive
utility vehicle. The XTX comes with tilt steering and hydraulic front and
rear disc brakes plus a fully automatic transmission.
- Ground Clearance: The Prowler rises
to any occasion with 13-inches of industry leading ground clearance
complemented by an independent suspension system with sway bar.
- Fully Independent Suspension:
10-inches of front and rear suspension travel will make you feel right at
home in most any terrain.
- Displacement (cc): 695
- Engine Type: SOHC, 4-Stroke, 2-Valve
- Bore & Stroke (mm): 102 x 85
- Cooling System: Liquid w/Fan
- Transmission: Automatic CVT w/EBS
- Drive System: 2/4 WD + Diff Lock
- Overall Width (in./cm): 61.3/155.7
- Overall Height (in./cm): 77.5/196.9
- Overall Length (in./cm): 115/292.1
- Wheelbase (in./cm): 75/190.5
- Suspension Travel Front (in./cm):
- Suspension Travel Rear (in./cm):
- Ground Clearance (in./cm): 12.5/31.7
- Suspension Type Front: Double A-Arm
- Suspension Type Rear: Double A-Arm
- Front Brakes: Hydraulic Disc
- Rear Service Brake: Hydraulic Disc
- Tires Front: 26x9-14
- Tires Rear: 26x11-14
- Wheel Width Front (in./cm): 7/17.8
- Wheel Width Rear (in./cm): 8/20.3
- Max Fuel Capacity (gal./liters):
- Rack Capacity Rear (lbs./kg):
- Under-Hood Capacity (lbs./kg):
- Towing Capacity (lbs./kg): 1500/680.4
- Alternator Capacity (amps): 25
- Speedometer: Analog
- Odometer: Digital
- Dry Weight (lbs./kg): 1165/528
- Min. Operator Age: 16
The Prowler and Rhino both have lots of simple bolt-on type
accessories, but the Rhino is the current king of the dunes due in part to the
availability of aftermarket suspension
Arctic Cat Prowler with aftermarket roll cage
||Prowler XT 650 H1
||SOHC 4-Stroke 4-Valve
|Bore x Stroke
||98 x 85 mm
||Liquid with Fan
||Automatic CVT w/ engine
||2 / 4 WD plus Diff Lock
||Front: Double a-arm; 10
Rear:Double a-arm; 10 in. travel
||Front & Rear:
||Front: 26 x 9-14
Rear: 26 x 11-14
||Box: 600 lbs.
Under Hood: 25 lbs.